Total Calories: 118
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place all of the jar ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. Place the butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl, and cream with a whisk, fork, or an electric mixer set on low speed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
5. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
6. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
7. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Layer the ingredients in the jar as shown below, pressing each layer firmly with a flat-bottomed object, such as a tart tamper or the bottom of a narrow glass, after each addition. Make the layers as level as possible.
TOP of the jar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup dark raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the cookies found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.