Total Calories: 407
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 12-cup (10-inch) bundt pan and set aside.
2. Place the butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon zest in a large bowl, and cream with an electric mixer set on low speed. Add the jar ingredients and continue mixing until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
4. Prepare the glaze by stirring the sugar and lemon juice together in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the cake from the pan, and place it on a serving plate. Spoon the glaze over the warm cake, letting it drip down the sides. Cool completely.
6. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients shown below, and transfer to the jar, pressing firmly with a flat-bottomed object, such as a tart tamper or the bottom of a narrow glass, after each addition. For best results, when adding the flour, add a little at a time, firmly tamping after each addition.
TOP of the jar
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup poppy seeds
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the cake found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.