Total Calories: 66
1. Place all of the jar ingredients except the noodles in a large pot. Add the water, carrots, celery, and onion, and mix well.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the noodles and turkey, and continue to simmer another 5 to 8 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Serve hot.
4. Refrigerate any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Place all of the seasonings shown below in a plastic sandwich bag.
3. Add the noodles to the jar, and place the seasoning packet on top.
TOP of the jar
Premixed seasoning packet:
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
3 cups egg noodles
BOTTOM of the jar
*For pint jar, use half of the ingredient amounts.
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the soup found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.