Total Calories: 272
1. Place the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk, while gently stirring with a whisk or fork until well combined.
2. Add the jar ingredients to the egg mixture, and stir to form a well-blended, smooth batter. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. To determine if the oil is hot enough, drop a small dollop of batter into the skillet. If it fries briskly and browns in 30 seconds, the oil is ready.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into a funnel while holding your finger over the tip (for best results, the tip should be at least 1/2 inch in diameter). Position the funnel a few inches above the skillet, remove your finger from the tip, and let the batter flow into the hot oil in a spiral-shaped design. Repeat with the remaining batter
5. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Carefully turn the cakes over and cook another minute. Transfer to paper towels to absorb any oil.
6. Serve immediately as is or topped with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, or your favorite fruit pie filling.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-pint wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Combine the ingredients in the jar as shown below, and transfer the mixture to the canning jar.
TOP of the jar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the funnel cakes found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.