Total Calories: 469
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9-x-13-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. Place all of the jar ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl, and blend well with a fork or an electric mixer set on low speed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and continue to blend until well combined. Stir in the carrots and pineapple. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 33 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before adding frosting or dusting with powdered sugar.
6. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Layer the ingredients in the jar as shown below, pressing each layer firmly with a flat-bottomed object, such as a tart tamper or the bottom of a narrow glass, after each addition. Make the layers as level as possible. For best results, when adding the flour, add a little at a time, firmly tamping after each addition.
TOP of the jar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the cake found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.