Total Calories: 195
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place all of the jar ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. Place the milk, butter, and egg in a large bowl, and cream with a whisk, fork, or an electric mixer set on low speed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon until just mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins. Fill each cup about two-thirds full.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin. Then remove the muffins and cool completely on a wire rack. 7. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
CREATING THE JAR
1. Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
2. Layer the ingredients in the jar as shown below, pressing each layer firmly with a flat-bottomed object, such as a tart tamper or the bottom of a narrow glass, after each addition. Make the layers as level as possible.
TOP of the jar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
BOTTOM of the jar
3. Secure the lid, and decorate as desired (see The Basics: 06-Creating the Jars DECORATING THE JAR). Attach the instructions for making the muffins found in the Gift Jar Tags chapter.
From "The Mason Jar Soup to Nuts Cookbook." Copyright 2004 by Lonnette Parks. Used with permission of the publisher, Square One Publishers. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.