Total Calories: 358
1. Turn oven on to 350°.
2. Place chips in a plastic bag. Squeeze air out of bag before sealing closed. With your fingers, crush chips until they are in small pieces. You will need 1/2 cup crumbs. Place crumbs in a medium-size bowl.
3. Add ground beef, 1/2 cup taco sauce, 1/4 cup of the cheese and egg. Wash your hands, then use your hands to mix ingredients together. Place mixture
in the middle of an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Pat into a meat loaf shape with rounded edges.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Carefully remove from oven with hot pads. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
5. When cooled, slice for sandwiches. To make one sandwich, spread one slice bread with a thin layer of taco sauce. Add a slice of meat loaf. Top with a leaf of lettuce, then cover with a second slice of bread.
6. Place sandwich in a plastic sandwich bag or wrap in plastic wrap and place in lunch box.
Note: Make two taco loaves and eat one for dinner and use one for sandwiches later. Taco loaf can be wrapped and frozen after it is baked and cooled if you wish. It can be frozen up to 4 months.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.