Total Calories: 505
1. Turn oven on to 325°.
2. Place nuts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds (if you are using sesame seeds) in an electric blender container or a food processor bowl. Cover container or bowl. Turn blender or food processor on and blend or process until all are finely chopped. Place mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. Add oats, wheat germ and salt. Use two forks and toss mixture gently until combined. Set mixture aside until later.
4. Place oil, honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir until blended. Slowly pour over oats mixture in baking pan and stir until all pieces are covered with the honey mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 250°. Carefully stir mixture every 5 minutes, baking for a total of 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Carefully remove from oven with hot pads.
6. Spread hot mixture on a few layers of paper towels to cool.
7. Use about 1/2 cup of the mixture for each serving. Pour milk over or eat with your fingers as a snack.
8. Store in the refrigerator in a jar or plastic container with a tight lid, or in a plastic bag that you can seal tightly.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.