Total Calories: 90
1. In a blender, blend the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth and set aside.
2. In a large, nonstick saucepan, melt butter on medium-high heat and add the garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from sticking and burning.
3. Add the milk mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until it just comes to a simmer. Keep stirring and let it cook for a few minutes more or until the sauce thickens, about 6-7 minutes.
4. Once the sauce has started to thicken, remove from heat. Whisk the cheese into the sauce and immediately cover the pan.
5. Allow the sauce to stand for at least 10 minutes before using. It will continue to thicken upon standing.
6. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days. The sauce will become very thick once refrigerated. To use it, reheat the sauce and add a little milk until the desired consistency is reached.
Best Bites say that this sauce is great drizzled over vegetables or used as dip for bread sticks.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.