1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Parboil the potatoes in a saucepan of slightly salted water for 5 mins. Drain well and set aside.
3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into a deep-sided ovenproof dish. Add the potatoes, onions and half of the stock. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Remove from the oven and slightly mash about one third of the potatoes with a fork. Add the remaining stock, check for seasoning and, if necessary, add some salt. Mix well and place back in the oven uncovered for a further 15 minutes. If the soup starts to look dry, add more hot stock.
5. Remove from the oven, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle with the chili powder and chives, and serve immediately with toasted crostini, if desired.
Total time start-to-finish: 40 minutes
Recipe taken from Easy Italian by Gennaro Contaldo
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.