If I have leftover chicken, I shred it and add the spices and liquid smoke for a fast easy meal.
|1/2 cup||lime juice|
|1/4 cup||olive oil|
|6 cloves||garlic, crushed|
|1 tablespoon||soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons||liquid smoke|
|1 teaspoon||cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon||chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon||ground black pepper|
|2 pounds||skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|sliced onion and peppers|
1. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make two thinner chicken breast cutlets.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the peppers in a Ziploc bag and marinade the chicken overnight. If you're really in a rush, marinade for at least three hours.
3. You can either grill or pan fry. Pan fry at medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through. It'll depend how thick your meat is, but normally I do it 3 - 5 minutes per side. Instead of just dumping all the contents in the pan, take out the pieces of chicken, leaving the marinade and onions in the bag.
4. After the chicken is cooked, remove to a plate and cover. Add the sliced onions, marinade and peppers to the pan and stir.
5. Turn heat to high and cook for about 5 minutes or until they're cooked enough for your liking.