Chicken Paprikash Pot Pie
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie shell
4 slice bacon , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast half , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup coarsely chopped green or red bell pepper
1 cup sliced carrot
1 cup frozen sweet peas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (12-ounce) jar home-style chicken gravy
3 tablespoon cornstarch
3 teaspoon paprika
1. Heat oven to 425?F. Prepare pie crusts for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings with bacon in skillet.
3. Add chicken to skillet cook and stir until no longer pink. Add onions, bell pepper and carrots cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas.
4. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients mix well. Stir into chicken mixture in skillet. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust and flute edges cut slits or small designs in several places on top of crust.
5. Bake at 425F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.