Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons
This is a simple, scrumptious caesar salad topped with amazing garlic croutons. This is a recipe you have to try! Dovetailing Tip: Use the caesar dressing you made on day 1 instead of the dressing in this recipe.
Serving size: 4
Calories per serving: 155
4 cloves garlic
a generous 1/4 cup pure olive oil
2 packed cups bread cubes, cut from a good-quality baguette or italian loaf
3 romaine hearts, separated into whole leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2. Increase skillet heat to medium. Place bread cubes in medium bowl. Drizzle garlic oil evenly over bread, along with big pinch of salt; toss to coat.
3. Add bread cubes to hot skillet and toast, turning the cubes and shaking the pan often, until crisp and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Return croutons to bowl and set aside to cool while preparing salad.
4. Place lettuce leaves in a large bowl.
5. Whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, half the reserved garlic, and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
6. Drizzle lettuce with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly and carefully. (Clean hands work well.)
7. Drizzle lemon mixture over lettuce; toss again.
8. Sprinkle Parmesan over greens; toss again.
9. Sprinkle croutons over the salad; toss and serve, sprinkling each portion with a little more Parmesan cheese.
Recipe formatted with the Cook'n Recipe Software from DVO Enterprises.