Veggie Shepherd's Pie
Recipe from the February 2012 Newsletter
This is a variation on one of our family's favorite meal, the classic Shepherd's Pie. Feel free to experiment a little with the type of spice you add to it for different flavors. I prefer to add a touch of cayenne pepper and some red pepper flakes for a little bit hotter flavor, but thyme, oregano, and rosemary are also very delicious! You can also choose to add a little shredded cheese on top, or paprika, for a more "dressy" look!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (recommend a California-blend)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cheddar cheese soup condensed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme or your favorite seasonings
- 2 cups garlic seasoned mashed potatoes (can use instant)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a greased 9x9 inch pan, combine frozen vegetables, soup, and thyme. Spread potatoes evenly over the vegetable layer.
3. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes more, or until heated through.
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.