Summer Orzo Feta Pasta Salad
Recipe from the July 2011 Newsletter
- 3 1/4 cups orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped (can use red onions, chopped)
- 2 cups feta cheese (crumbled into big chunks)
- 1 cup olive (sliced, and use black olives)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste, can also use 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together; toss well to combine (adjusting seasonings to suit taste).
Mix in mayonnaise, adding in more to taste.
Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.July 2010 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.