Pesto with Summer Herbs
Recipe from the July 2011 Newsletter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Blend the garlic, basil, parsley, spinach, oregano, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Serve over pasta, on french or garlic bread, or serve as a vegetable dip.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.July 2010 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.