Loaded Egg Salad Sandwiches
Recipe from the June 2012 Newsletter
- 12 bacon slices
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 12 red leaf lettuce leaves
Saute bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Cut bacon slices crosswise in half.
Combine chopped eggs, celery, and olives in bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Place toast slices on work surface; spread lightly with remaining mayonnaise. Divide egg salad among 6 toast slices. Place 4 bacon pieces, then 2 lettuce leaves atop egg salad on each. Cover with remaining toast slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.