Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Recipe from the July 2012 Newsletter
This is a delicious end to any summertime activity! Feel free to try different types of fruit such as plums, peaches, and bananas!
- 2 or 3 large ripe mangos
- 1 large papaya
- 1 large ripe fresh pineapple
- 24 fresh strawberries
- 12 bamboo skewers
- your favorite ice cream or sherbet
1. Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare charcoal grill to medium heat.
3. Wash strawberries and pat dry, stems can be removed if preferred.
4. Peel, seed, and cut mangos into 1 inch pieces.
5. Peel, seed, and cut papaya into 1 inch pieces.
6. Peel, core, and cut pineapple into 1 inch pieces.
7. Thread the fruit onto the skewers in this order: strawberry, pineapple, papaya, mango. Continue the pattern until the skewer is full, leaving about 1 inch of the skewer uncovered on each end.
8. Grill the fruit, turning as necessary, for 6-8 minutes.
9. Serve two skewers hot over a bowl of any flavored ice cream or sherbet.July 2012 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.