Agave Apple Crisp
Recipe from the April 2012 Newsletter
- 6 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples (6-8 apples)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (may use maple syrup or honey as well)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar, maple syrup, or honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish. Toss apples with lemon juice, apple juice or water, sweetener, and cinnamon. Spread in bottom of pan.
Mix oats, wheat germ, nuts, spices, and salt in food processor with metal blade or by hand. Heat butter or oil and mix with sweetener until smooth. Add to oat mixture and stir until completely combined. Cover apples with topping. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.