Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Want to change things up a bit, or looking for a healthier option than potato chips? Try these smashed potatoes! They are healthy as can be, but still have a crispy edge to them.Yield: 12-15 potatoes
|12-15||red potato (approximately 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)|
|rosemary, parmesan cheese, garlic, etc.|
1. Rinse and place potatoes in large pot. Add water and bring to a boil.
2. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
4. Drizzle oil on a flat baking sheet with an edge to it. You don't want your potatoes escaping!
5. Take your potatoes and place them on top of the oil. Take a cup if you want a flat top to your potato and smash the potato until desired thickness. If you want a pretty top, use a potato masher to smash down on the top.
6. Drizzle the top of the potatoes with oil. Season with salt and preference of herbs. Garlic is really tasty.
7. Place your baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy.
*Note: If you want extra crispy/tasty, season both sides of the the potatoes and flip over after 15 minutes and bake the other side until crispy.
Monthly Newsletter Contributor since 2014
Email the author! email@example.com