Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Blue Cheese Crema
These are so amazing! Perfect for a meatless dish that the family will love.Yield: 12 tacos
|BLUE CHEESE CREMA:|
|1/2 cup||crumbled blue cheese|
|1/3 cup||sour cream|
|1/2 teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|2||large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced|
|2 tablespoons||extra-virgin olive oil|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|12||yellow corn tortillas|
|1 (14-ounce) can||black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1/2 bunch||scallion, thinly sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. MAKE THE CREMA: In a small bowl, stir the blue cheese with the sour cream, milk and pepper to combine. Set aside.
3. MAKE THE TACOS: Arrange the sweet potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until the potatoes are lightly browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While the potatoes cook, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, place 2 or 3 tortillas in the pan and heat until lightly browned on each side, 1 minute per side. Repeat until all tortillas are toasted.
5. When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven. Add the beans and scallions to the baking sheet and toss to combine.
6. Scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sweet potato mixture on top of each tortilla, then garnish with the avocado and 1 to 2 teaspoons crema. Serve immediately.