Clean Eating Carrot Cake
This recipe uses carrot baby food for the carrot flavor. You could puree your own carrots, and I have before, it just changes the texture and requires more work. Carrot baby food has no additives and is smoother than you can usually make at home. Feel free to use your own pureed carrots though!
|1 cup||oat flour (or flour of your choice – i’ve used almond flour before and it was great too)|
|2||scoops vanilla whey protein (I didn't use this and added 1 tsp vanilla)|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon||sea salt|
|3/4 cup||sweetener of choice or sugar (i use about 60/40 split xylitol and stevia in the raw, respectively. splenda, truvia, and sucanat are also good options)|
|8 ounces||baby food carrots|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking dish with non-stick spray- I used my favorite mini-bundt pan but a 9?x13? glass or aluminum pan works too, just keep an eye on the baking time and check often near the end.
2. Mix all dry ingredients except sweetener (flour, whey protein, spices, baking soda and salt) together in a bowl.
3. Mix egg whites, sweetener/sugar, baby food carrots and water in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Pour ingredients into dish.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.