Steak and Asparagus Frittata
I used leftover roast in this recipe, but any leftover meat would work well. You could also leave the meat out†to create a†frugal, meatless dish.Yield: Yield ñ 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|2 cups||asparagus spears, cut into 1" pieces|
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|1 cup||onion, diced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 cup||, Cooked roast or beef sirloin steak, , cut into 1" pieces|
|2 tablespoons||Parmesan cheese|
|pinch of salt|
|2 tablespoons||Cheddar cheese|
|2 tablespoons||mozzarella cheese|
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Heat water to boiling in a double boiler. Add asparagus to basket and steam for 2 minutes.
3. Add olive oil to a 10î oven safe skillet. Add onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are tender.
4. Place eggs, parmesan cheese, rosemary, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
5. Add asparagus and steak to the onions. Mix well. Pour egg mixture over asparagus.
6. Cook over medium flame until eggs are almost cooked through, approximately 10 minutes.
7. Remove the skillet from the stove top and sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the eggs. Place in the oven approximately 6 inches beneath the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and eggs are cooked through.
8. Remove frittata from the broiler and let sit for several minutes before serving.