1. Chop the onion
2. Chop the bell pepper.
3. Brown the ground beef in a deep frying pan over medium heat, then drain the fat. Reduce the heat to low, add the remaining filling ingredients, and simmer 20 minutes.
4. While the filling mixture simmers, prepare the topping. Bring the milk, butter, and salt to a boil in a pot over medium-high heat. Gradually add the cornmeal, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the cooled cornmeal to a medium- size bowl. Add the eggs and cheddar cheese, and stir until well combined.
6. Spread the ground beef mixture evenly in the bottom of an oiled 13x9 inch baking pan. Spread the topping over the filling in an even layer.
7. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes or until the topping forms a golden brown crust. Let the “pie” sit a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving. (Use a spatula to remove the squares from the pan.)
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.