1. Place the maple syrup and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl and stir until most of the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Place the ham in a roasting pan meat side down. Set it on the bottom shelf of a preheated 325°F oven. Bake uncovered for 2 1?2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F on a meat thermometer.
3. Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to cool 5 minutes. Then, using a very sharp knife, cut the rind from the ham, being careful not to cut away the fat.
4. Cut criss-cross diagonal slashes into the fat (but not into the meat) every 3/4 inch. Spoon half the glaze over the top and sides of the ham.
5. Increase the oven heat to 450°F, return the ham to the oven, and bake 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, spoon on the remaining glaze, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
6. Let the ham rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy as is or with a little Dijon mustard on the side.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.