1. Chop the onion.
2. Slice the mushrooms.
3. Cut the beef into thin strips about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
4. Cook the rice according to package directions.
5. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add all the ingredients except the sour cream, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are tender.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for a minute. Add the sour cream and stir well.
7. Spoon the stroganoff over rice and serve immediately.
Cool the pan slightly before stirring in the sour cream. The ingredients should be hot, but not still cooking.
Try This Variation!
Instead of serving the stroganoff over rice, try it the traditional way— over egg noodles. For this recipe, a 12 ounce package of wide egg noodles is recommended.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.