Parmesan Potato Pancakes
Download this recipe.
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onions
1 large egg white
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
2 tablespoons grated, fresh, parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1. Combine potatoes, chives, egg white and 2 Tbsp bread crumbs in a large bowl
2. Combine 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs and cheese on a small plate
3. Divide the potato mixture into 8 equal portions
4. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture, shaping each portion into ¼ inch patty
5. Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet
6. Add 4 patties and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden
7. Serve pancakes hot with applesauce and low-fat sour cream
Serve with large, fresh green salad mixed with diced apples, diced apricots, or canned mandarin oranges.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.