Why I Am A Cereal-Killer
And if you enjoy cereal, you probably are too. Do you find yourself grabbing handfuls of your favorite cereal or pouring yourself a bowl at all times of the day? If so, don't worry you're not actually a serial cereal-killer, more like a cereal addict! Some may say I have a slight addiction. I could eat cereal any time of the day with or without milk! I'm not discriminatory: I eat all types of cereal. I like the healthy variety and I enjoy the more sugary ones as well. I'm not really sure what the appeal of cereal is. I love the crunch, the taste, and the many varieties available. If I had to live on only cereal, I'd be totally fine! Below I have created a list of things that you can use cereal for and a list of cereals that are no longer available! Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite cereal is. My favorite is Waffle Crisp!
Things Cereal is good for:
- Eating. This should be pretty obvious, if you have taste buds and like to eat things, you should probably eat some cereal.
- Snacking. Because eating cereal for one meal is never enough. You should always have a baggy full of your favorite cereal on hand. You'll never know when you'll need it to calm down a hangry (hungry/angry) co-worker or child. It might also prevent those embarrassing stomach noises your tummy makes when you're hungry.
- Breakfasting. We've all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Cereal can be a part of the meal that starts your day off right.
- Crafting. Who hasn't made a Fruit Loop necklace before? Not only is it pretty fashionable it can be eaten later if needed. Seriously though I'm sure Pinterest has some great cereal art ideas.
- Cooking. Rice Krispie Treats...no further proof is needed, but I'll provide some for you anyway! You can use cereal in a variety of different recipes. Crush it up and use it as a coating.
- Topping. Cereal can be used as a topping on everything from ice cream to yogurt. The texture adds a nice little crunch!
I'm sure there are other great uses for cereal, but that's all I can think of right now. If I don't stop thinking of things, I'll have to stop writing and go get a bowl of cereal! Now it's time to move onto the cereals that we have lost. It's a real shame; there are some on this list that I never even got to try.
The Fallen Cereals:
- Mr. T Cereal
- Cinnamon Mini Buns
- Sprinkle Spangles
- S'mores Crunch
- Teddy Grahams Breakfast Bears
- Dunkin' Donuts Cereal
- Nerds Cereal
- Rice Krispies Treats Cereal
- Pop-Tarts Crunch
- Oreo O's
- Dino Pepples
- French Toast Crunch
- Ice Cream Cones Cereal
- Hidden Treasures
- Reptar Crunch
- Ripple Crisp
- Strawberry Honey-Comb
- Smurf-Berry Crunch
- Urkel O's
- Fruity Marshmallow Krispies
- Berry Berry Kix
- Super Golden Crisp
...And many, many others
This is list is not by any means complete. I just selected the cereals I have tried and the ones I would have liked to try. If there are any cereals on this list that are still available please comment below so I can go out a buy some!
- http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2013/03/25-awesome-cereals-that-no-longer-exist/rice- krispies-treats-cereal
Weekly Newsletter Contributor since 2013
Email the author! email@example.com