Jean's French Fries
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
2 pounds Baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick, cubed strips
Crisco for frying
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch (boil) the potato strips in the water for 2 minutes.
2. Remove the potato strips from the water and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat about 2 inches of oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
4. Fry the potato strips, in small batches, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with the seasoning salt as soon as they come out of the oil.
5. Cooking Tip: You can keep your cooked batches of fries hot while you are still frying the others by putting them in a preheated 250°F oven.
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.