Breakfast Really is the Most Important Meal of the Day!
Without a doubt, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! It helps jump start your metabolism, which leads to better health the rest of the day. It gives you energy, which is vital to making it through everything you have to do. Eat breakfast! It's a great way to make your day better.
Most of us rush around in the morning, making it extra hard to eat a good breakfast. We wake up, rush to work or have to rush the kids to school. By not eating good breakfasts, we are cheating ourselves and our families out of the extra boost that breakfast brings.
So, here's some ways to make your breakfast better!
· Include a fruit or vegetable! There is so much variety out there that we can have a different fruit every morning for at least a week! I love bananas, grapes, melons, oranges, and more. I pair these with oatmeal or granola. When I eat eggs, I add just about any veggie I have- tomatoes, spinach, onions, mushrooms, whatever works!
· Eat protein! Eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, whatever! Have some!
· Look for whole foods. Ever since going gluten free, I have really appreciated whole foods that I know what is going into it. If it has ingredients I can't pronounce, I think twice about buying it. Whole foods have more nutrition, less additives, and are just better for you.
· Ditch the cold cereal and the packet oatmeal. They are full of sugar. Seriously. Just stop.
- Drink water with it. Another thing to help your metabolism. Better metabolism, healthier life!
· Plan ahead. If you aren't prepared with eggs, granola, fruit and veggies, it's really hard to eat them. I get sucked back into cold cereal those mornings. Not fun. Not healthy. Remembering to plan when grocery shopping is vital to eating well each morning. If you lack time in the morning, try making baked oatmeal ahead of time to eat each morning.
· Don't forget you can make your own! Make your own granola! Make your own oatmeal! Make pancakes from scratch if that is what you are craving! My husband LOVES egg sandwiches, but the fast food versions are SO not healthy for us. So, I make them at home. Find ways that work for your family!
Homemade granola is fairly easy, just a little time consuming, but totally worth it! Take a little time one day and bake it. Very easy to make, once you've done it a time or two. I also love that you can adapt it to your flavor. Take out the cinnamon, add what you want!
Enjoy breakfast! I eat my granola with a banana and rice milk. You can eat it with regular milk, coconut milk, yogurt, fresh berries, whatever floats your boat! I love how diverse it is and how it goes with a lot of stuff.
Monthly Newsletter Contributor since 2015
Email the author! firstname.lastname@example.org