Catchy Sayings for Quick Kitchen Gifts
- "You're getting 'muffin' for Christmas" tied to a box or jar of muffin mix.
- "May your holiday's be merry and sprite" on a jug of Sprite soda pop.
- "Jelly is like love-you can't spread it around without getting some on yourself." Attach to a jar of homemade jelly or jam.
- "We whisk you a Merry Kiss-mas." Fill a wire whisk with chocolate kisses and attach greeting.
- "Have a jolly Christmas!" on a bag of Jolly Ranchers or Jolly Time popcorn.
- "When Santa "Chex" his list, he won't find anyone nicer than you." Give with Chex mix.
- "Hope you have a 'ball' this holiday season." Attach to popcorn balls.
- "We're 'rooting' for you to have a Happy New Year" on a jug of root beer.
- "We're nuts about you! Merry Christmas." Share with your special blend of nuts.
- "Blot out your troubles and absorb the Christmas Spirit." Fill the center of paper towels with a favorite holiday treat. Hold in the treats with crumpled foil, tissue paper, or paper towels!
- "Holiday hugs from me." Attach to a handful of Hershey's Hugs.
- "No one matches you as neighbors! Merry Christmas." Stick to a box of matches; include a candle or scented fire-starter pinecones.
- "May your holiday's bubble over with fun!" Send along with bubble-gum or bubble bath.
- "Knew you'd need (or knead) a little extra 'dough' for Christmas." Tie to a tub of cookie dough or frozen bread dough.
- "Snap, crackle, pop! We think you're tops!" Place on a plate of rice-crispy treats.
- "Wishing you a souper holiday season." Tag along with soup mix.
- "May your holiday's be sprinkled with love and laughter." Decorated sugar cookies or cookie decorating basket-sugar cookies, icing, cookie cutters, and sprinkles.
- "Wishing you a sparkling holiday season." Tie around a bottle of sparkling cider.
- "Your friendship has warmed us the whole year through." Send with hot cocoa mix.
- "Raise a little cane this season." Attach to a large candy cane or bag of candy canes.
- "I hear you've been naughty/ So listen, here's the scoop . . . / I'm running short on coal this year, / Enjoy this 'Snowman Poop." / Love, Santa Tape this poem to a bag of marshmallows sent along with hot cocoa mix. Or simulate a melted snowman by giving a bottle of water, two pretzel sticks, enough raisins for eyes, buttons, and mouth, and a handful of marshmallows in a reclosable sandwich bag.
* DVO welcomes your kitchen hints and cooking or nutrition questions! Email us and we'll post your hints and Q/A's in upcoming newsletters! *