Out the Door and On the Road
- Top a bagel, waffle, or slice of bread with mayonnaise, Canadian bacon, pineapple slice, and shredded cheese. Broil until golden and bubbly.
- Mix up a batch of muffins or soft pretzels and freeze. Grab and go as needed.
- Blend up a smoothie. Pour into your favorite soda pop mug, insert a straw, and head out the door.
- Grab a yogurt and stir in some granola, add a plastic spoon and away you go.
- Freeze juice in popsicle form to eat on the run. Freeze smoothies for go-go protein power.
- Whip up a fruit soup the night before. Chilled and ready to eat when you wake up!
- Top leftover rice with crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut, milk, and sugar. How about chopped apples, cinnamon, and apple juice? Heat up or eat chilled.
- Microwave a potato and top with cheese.
- Stir diced fruit into cottage cheese.
- Grilled cheese waffles.
- Pudding made with milk.
- Cream of tomato soup made with milk.
- Pair leftover fruit desserts like Apple Crisp or Peach Cobbler with a glass of milk.
The "I Didn't Hear My Alarm" Breakfast
Man in a Boat
* DVO welcomes your kitchen hints and cooking or nutrition questions! Email us and we'll post your hints and Q/A's in upcoming newsletters! *
Copyright © 2007 DVO Enterprises, Inc.