1. Cut the chicken into bite size cubes.
2. Shred the carrots.
3. Chop the onion.
4. Place the olive oil in a 4 quart pot. Add the chicken, carrots, onion, and the remaining spices. Cover and set over medium-low heat. Stir every 2 or 3 minutes for the first 10 minutes, and then once every 10 minutes or so. Cook for 1 hour.
5. While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, peel the cucumber and cut it into 1/4 inch cubes.
6. Place the yogurt and cucumbers in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
7. Serve the chicken with 1 or 2 heaping spoonfuls of cucumber-yogurt sauce. White rice and crisp, cool cucumber slices are other recommended accompaniments. And don’t forget to have plenty of water in your glass.
Stirring the ingredients several times during the first few minutes of cooking will prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot. After about 10 minutes, there should be enough moisture from the carrots and onions to keep the ingredients moist. If not, add a little water.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.