1. Place the flour and all the spices in a gallon-size plastic zip-lock bag. Shake to mix, then transfer 1 cup of the seasoned flour to a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the egg and milk to the flour, and stir to form a smooth batter. Coat the chicken pieces.
3. Place the battered pieces (one or two at a time) in the plastic bag with the remaining seasoned flour. Toss to coat.
4. In a large pot or deep frying pan, add 1 inch of oil. Place over medium-high heat until the oil is hot but not smoking. Carefully add the chicken, one piece at a time. If the oil splashes violently, turn down the heat a bit (but not too much).
5. As the chicken cooks, turn it every 3 to 5 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the pieces, cook between 20 to 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear from the thickest part of the chicken when poked with a fork.
6. Drain the chicken on paper towels, transfer to a platter, and serve.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.