1. Place the chicken and broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium!low and simmer the chicken 20 minutes or until it is no longer pink inside when cut with a knife.
2. Remove the chicken from the broth and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool. Cut into bite!size pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. Chop the bell pepper.
4. Slice the green onions.
5. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water while stirring with your hands. When the pasta is cold, drain it again.
6. Place the cooled pasta and all the remaining ingredients in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.
7. Spoon the cold pasta salad into bowls and serve.
Try These Variations!
Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad Substitute ranch dressing for the mayonnaise.
Shrimp Pasta Salad Substitute 8 ounces peeled, cooked medium shrimp (40 to 60 count) for the chicken.
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad Substitute 2 cups sundried tomatoes for the chicken; use Italian dressing instead of mayonnaise; and add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
The chicken and pasta must be cool before combining them with the mayonnaise. Otherwise the mayonnaise will melt and turn oily. While cooling the cooked pasta under running water, stir it to keep it from sticking together.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.