Total Calories: 350
* May substitute 3 cups cooked (or canned and drained) kidney beans.
1. Bring the water and kidney beans to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
2. Add the onion, chili powder, cumin, basil, bay leaves, and vinegar to the pot and stir well. Simmer another 20 minutes.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except the cayenne pepper, cilantro, and olive oil. Stirring occasionally, continue to simmer 15 minutes or until the squash is just tender. Stir in the cayenne.
4. Spoon the chili into individual serving bowls. Top with fresh cilantro leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.