Total Calories: 174
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
1. Crumble the tofu and carefully drop it into a large pot of boiling water. Bring the water back to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
2. Drain the tofu through a colander lined with a clean dishtowel. Run some cold water over the tofu to cool it off for easier handling.
3. Gather the ends of the towel and press out the excess water from the tofu. Continue pressing the tofu until it has a firm, ground beef-like texture. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, basil, thyme, sage, and celery seeds. Saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
5. Add the tofu to the skillet and mix well with other ingredients. Continue to saute the mixture another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tamari, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, and water. Mix well.
6. Use immediately in any recipe that calls for tofu crumbles or ground beef. Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container up to three days, or freeze up to six months.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.