Total Calories: 59
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil and flour an 8-inch square cake pan. Set aside.
2. Place the tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, oil, and carob powder in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the pecans and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the tofu mixture, and stir well to form a batter. Spread the batter into the prepared cake pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
For a Change . . .
* To make chocolate brownies, use cocoa powder instead of carob. For an even “chocolatier” version, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.
* To turn this into a two-layer cake, double the recipe and bake the batter in two 8-inch cake pans. Place one layer on a platter, spread with frosting (the Maple Icing on page 276 is recommended), add the second layer, and top with more icing.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.