Total Calories: 207
1. Cut the tofu into 1-inch squares about 1/2 inch thick. Place in a large shallow dish.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over the tofu. (If this does not cover the tofu, add water.) Toss the tofu slices so they are well coated and let sit at least 30 minutes. (If marinating longer than an hour, place in the refrigerator.)
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Oil a baking sheet and set aside.
4. Place the marinated tofu slices on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, reserving the marinade. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, turning the tofu once as it bakes to brown on both sides.
5. While the tofu bakes, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, bay leaves, thyme, and tarragon. Mix well and continue to sauté another 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
6. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture in the skillet and mix well. Remove from the heat and add about 1/4 cup of the marinade. Continue to stir until the liquid thickens to a paste. Return the skillet to the heat and slowly add the remaining marinade while constantly stirring.
7. Add the baked tofu to the skillet, and continue to simmer until the liquid thickens to a rich gravy. Serve immediately over pasta, rice, or millet.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.