Total Calories: 13
1. Combine the teff and water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook while stirring occasionally about 15 to 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
2. Transfer the cooked teff to a food processor along with the dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Blend about 3 minutes or until very smooth.
3. Spoon the pudding into individual dessert bowls or glasses, and serve warm.
For a Change . . .
* Use carob powder instead of cocoa powder.
* For added sweetness, add 1/8 teaspoon stevia or 1 teaspoon maple syrup to the food processor in Step 3. You can also add more dates.
* Pour the blended ingredients into an 8-inch-square baking dish and refrigerate until chilled. Cut into squares and serve.
* Pour the blended mixture into a baked pie crust (a thin crust like the Whole Wheat Pie Crust on page 116 would be best) and refrigerate until chilled.
* Top with chopped nuts for added taste and texture. * Before serving, top with a dollop of Silken Tofu Whipped Topping or a scoop of frozen Rice Dream.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.