Total Calories: 53
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a baking sheet, sprinkle with half the sesame seeds, and set aside.
2. Place all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Cut the tempeh into 8 pieces (rectangles or triangular wedges). Coat each piece in the marinade mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top.
4. Place on the top rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, spoon any leftover marinade on top of the tempeh, then return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the pieces are nicely browned.
5. Transfer the tempeh to a serving platter and enjoy hot.
For a Change . . .
* Try this dish with a delicious Maple-Mustard marinade. Omit the sesame seeds from the recipe above and combine the following ingredients for the marinade:
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
2–3 cloves garlic, pressed
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.