Total Calories: 372
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. With a sharp paring knife, cut out the flesh, leaving each half with a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Dice the flesh and set aside.
3. To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté about 5 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
4. Add the diced eggplant, mushrooms, basil, and oregano, and stir well. Cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and tamari to the vegetable mixture, stir well, and remove from the heat. Let stand covered for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened. Add 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and the tahini, and mix well.
6. Fill the eggplant shells with the stuffing mixture, and sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs on top. Place the filled halves in a deep baking dish, add the water to the bottom of the dish, and cover with foil (don’t let the foil touch the eggplants).
7. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the shells are tender but still hold their shape. Remove the foil and place under the broiler for 1 or 2 minutes to brown the top. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.