Total Calories: 199
*Peel if not organic.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Separate the cloves from the garlic bulbs, but do not peel the outer skin.
2. Place the garlic cloves in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the cloves are very soft. Remove from the oven and cool.
3. While the garlic is baking, place the potatoes in a medium pot with about an inch of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook about 20 minutes or until tender. Check the potatoes as they cook and add more water if necessary. You can also cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker.
4. While the potatoes are cooking and the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the softened cloves from their skin and mash with a fork.
5. Drain the cooked potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the garlic and all the remaining ingredients, and mash with a potato masher. If necessary, add more soymilk to reach the desired consistency. Serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.