Total Calories: 323
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil and flour a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place half the tofu and the tamari in a food processor, blend until smooth and creamy, then transfer to a large bowl. Blend the remaining tofu and add it to the bowl. Add the herbes de Provence, garlic, and gluten to the blended tofu and stir until well-combined.
3. Spoon three-quarters of the tofu mixture into the prepared pan. Using your hands or the back of a spoon that has been dipped in cold water, smooth the mixture firmly and evenly over the bottom and sides of the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. To make the stuffing, coarsely grind the nuts in a blender or food processor and set aside. Combine the egg replacer and water, mix well, and set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery, and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl along with the ground nuts, egg replacer, bread cubes, vegetable broth, and sage, and mix thoroughly.
6. Pack the stuffing into the center of the tofu-lined pan. Cover with the remaining tofu, smooth the top, and press around the edges with the back of a spoon to seal.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until the loaf is firm and brown. Remove from the oven and let cool at least 15 minutes.
8. Run a thin knife around the edge of the loaf to loosen it from the pan. Unmold the loaf onto a serving platter, slice, and serve.
You can assemble this dish a day in advance and refrigerate. If baking the loaf straight from the refrigerator, add an additional 10 to 15 minutes in the oven.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.