Total Calories: 262
Yield: 16 cookies
* Regular or quick-cooking rolled oats are recommended, rather than thick-cut varieties, which result in cookies that are good, but a bit too chewy.
1. Combine the Sucanat, cocoa powder, soymilk, and oil in a medium pot. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a rolling boil and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. (This boiling is necessary for the cookies to set.)
2. Add the peanut butter and vanilla to the pot and stir until well mixed. Add the oat flakes and stir well.
3. Drop rounded teaspoons of the oat mixture onto a sheet of waxed paper. The cookies will harden as they cool.
For a Change . . .
* Instead of peanut butter, use almond butter.
* Substitute carob powder for the cocoa.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.