Total Calories: 143
* Can substitute 4 cups cooked mung beans.
. Bring the water and mung beans to boil in a large pot over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer covered for 45 to 60 minutes or until the beans are soft and tender.
2. Place the tomato, onion, garlic, and ginger in a blender or food processor and blend briefly (it can be somewhat chunky).
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and korma seeds (if using), and stir constantly until they begin to pop.
4. Add the tomato mixture, cumin, and turmeric to the kettle and stir well. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked mung beans, salt, and cayenne pepper to the kettle. Stirring occasionally, simmer another 10 minutes. Adjust the seasonings if desired.
6. Serve hot over rice.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.