Total Calories: 1,302
1. Bring the lentils and water to boil in a medium pot over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for 40 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the lentils are tender.
2. While the lentils are cooking, prepare the pie dough. Roll out the bottom crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, onion, thyme, cinnamon, and cloves, and saute for 5 minutes or until the celery is just barely tender.
4. Add the cooked lentils to the skillet along with the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pie shell. Cover with the top crust, flute the edges, and cut a hole in the center to allow steam to escape as the pie bakes.
6. Bake on the bottom rack of a preheated 375°F oven for 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
7. Remove the pie from the oven. Let sit 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.