Total Calories: 313
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously oil and flour an 8-x-4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place the carrots on a steamer basket that is set in a pot over an inch or so of water. Bring the water to a boil, cover the pot, and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. Add the lentils to the carrots and coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pack the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and let stand about 5 minutes before unmolding the loaf onto a serving platter. Slice and serve as is or top with the sauce of your choice.
For a Change . . .
* For an attractive presentation, before baking the loaf, decorate the top with some walnut or pecan halves. When serving, surround the loaf with sliced tomatoes, roasted peppers, or other colorful vegetables.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.