Total Calories: 73
1. Wash and chop the greens.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle over medium-low heat. Add the onion and stir. Then add the vinegar, tamari, tarragon, and greens, but do not stir. Cover and cook without stirring for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the lid from the kettle, stir the greens, and add about 1/2 cup water. Cover immediately (to catch the steam) and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the greens are tender. (Cooking time will largely depend on the age and toughness of the greens and how finely they are chopped.) As the greens cook, stir them occasionally, adding more water, if necessary, to prevent them from scorching.
4. Transfer the cooked greens to a serving bowl and enjoy immediately.
For a Change . . .
* Cut about 20 sun-dried tomato halves into small pieces and add them to the greens as they cook. Increase the water by about 1/3 cup.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.