Total Calories: 567
Yield: 9 inch pie
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the pie crust and drape it in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and flute the edges.
2. Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until soft and tender.
3. Place the cooked eggplant in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
4. Spoon the eggplant mixture into the pie crust, top with tomato slices, and sprinkle with basil.
5. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 40 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling is firm. Top with cheese (if using), and bake another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Allow the quiche to cool about 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.